We’re close to the release date of Grand Theft Auto 5 for PS4 & Xbox One and one of the things that we’ve all been wondering is just what new content might we see on the newer shiny editions of 2013’s game of the year.
Well today Rockstar have decided to lift the lid on the new features, It’s been confirmed that these goodies are for people returning to GTA5 from last gen. So if you’ve taken part in the prologue mission of GTA5 while connected to XboxLive /PSN and this has registered on Rockstars Social Club, you’ll be entitled to the below content:
Ever since we announced Grand Theft Auto V on PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC, some of you have been asking if there will be anything extra for those PS3 and Xbox 360 players who are planning on picking up the new versions. To reward loyal GTAV fans for coming back to the newer, more detailed version of Los Santos and Blaine County, we’ve created an array of exclusive items specifically for these players – with each of them connected to activities designed for you to experience the game’s massive world in new and exciting ways.
– The Dodo seaplane: It may take a little firepower to get your hands on this highly versatile GTA classic.
New Events & Rewards
– Encounter new events happening all across the world, and complete the challenges they present to unlock exclusive new vehicles like the menacing Imponte Duke O’Death and that veritable GTA classic bird of flight, the Dodo seaplane.
– As Michael, follow a trail of cryptic clues to unravel a grisly murder mystery. Put the clues together and you’ll unlock two Noir Style Filters, which will give your Story Mode gameplay and Snapmatic photos the feel of a gritty old school crime classic.
Weapons: The Rail Gun & Hatchet
– Obliterate your adversaries with the high-powered, high-velocity Rail Gun. This piece of experimental military technology also has its own set of Shooting Range Challenges at your local Ammu-Nation shooting range. Or hack and slash foes up close and personal with the brutal Hatchet melee weapon.
Wildlife Photography Challenge
– There are new species of animals across Los Santos and Blaine County, and the LS Tourist Board needs someone to document them. As Franklin, catalog unique animal species scattered across the map to unlock the special Kraken Sub.
Stock Car Races
– Win a series of new Stock Car Races to earn unique custom Muscle Cars adorned with logos from some of the companies that made this country great.
– A mysterious street artist is tagging walls all across town with his simian-inspired silhouettes. Track down and photograph them all to earn new monkey outfits (available to all players) and a special Go Go Monkey Blista exclusively for returning players.
New Vehicles and More
– Grind up the Los Santos freeways (and over anybody in your path) with the Cheval Marshall monster truck and take to the skies in a faster and more maneuverable Blimp, compliments of Xero Gas.
There will also be a bounty of content for all players, new and returning, to discover – including a fleet of classic GTA vehicles and a few more surprises we’ve got planned that you’ll have to discover for yourself come game day. And as previously announced, current GTA Online players on PS3 and Xbox 360 will be able to pick up where they left off, transferring their characters and progression seamlessly to their choice of PlayStation 4, Xbox One or PC (Social Club membership required).
In addition, anyone who pre-orders the game will receive a bonus of GTA$1M ($500k for Story Mode and $500k for use in Grand Theft Auto Online).
Source – http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/52337/details-on-exclusive-content-for-returning-gtav-players-on?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_content=gtavexclusivecontent&utm_campaign=gtavcontent10282014
This can’t come soon enough.