Some of you may already know, but in preparation for Destiny’s latest expansion The Taken King, Bungie are releasing an update on the 8th September – thought to be about 8gb, to prepare for when the new DLC drops on the 15th September.
Well in Bungie’s latest weekly update, they’ve revealed that as part of that update, all Destiny players will be able to sample all the new Crucible game modes and maps for an entire week!
One thing to note is that the new supers won’t be available during this period though.
Once The Taken King is released you will then only be able to play these new modes and maps by purchasing the expansion – which makes sense.
There are also a bunch of other changes coming in next weeks update. Here is a run through of what they are.
- Character Level Cap for all players will be raised to 34
- Level Cap for The Taken King will be 40
- You will be able to level up by gaining XP alone
- Character Level and Light are now separate statistics
- Your Character Level will be grandfathered into your highest possible Light Level from all gear in your inventory and vault
- Attack and Defense ratings for armor and weapons will be translated to the new systems – their power levels will be unchanged
- Grimoire Score has been moved from the Character Nameplate and now displays in the Character Screen
- A Quest Screen will be added to your Menu
- Tracks all active Quests
- Abandoned Quests can be recovered in the Hall of Guardians
- Year One Activities have been converted to the Quest system
- Bounty slots will be increased to 16
- Incomplete Year One Bounties will be auto-abandoned on 09/08 in preparation for launch of The Taken King
- Incomplete Year One Exotic Bounties are auto-completed with their respective Vendors
- Year One bounties issues by Eris will be retired
- Reputation with Crota’s Bane can continue to be earned by completing Quests in The Taken King
- Collections have been added to the Tower
- Emblems/Shaders can be found near Eva Lavante
- Ships can be found near Amanda Holliday
- Exotic Armor and Weapon Blueprint added to the Tower
- You will now have the Blueprint for all Exotics you own in your Collection
- Report to the Vanguard in the Hall of Guardians
- Motes of Light will be used to grant XP to Weapons and Armor
- Class-specific Armor materials will be deprecated in favor of a unified Armor Material
- Vanguard Quartermaster, Roni-9940, will exchange old materials for armor material [Update: This change takes effect on 09/15]
Weapons & Armor
- Revised Sandbox balance will be in effect, based on our previous analysis
- Fallen Wolf Hunt Patrols will retreat in anticipation of the arrival of Oryx in your solar system
It’s all sounding very promising and the Crucible event is a great way to help people decide whether they want to expand their Destiny experience.