Valorant is the up-coming character-based, 5v5 competitive shooter. In Valorant players pick a character to play at the beginning of a match and then have to use them for the remainder of that match. Each of the Valorant characters have their own unique set of abilities that can provide support, offensive, and defensive skills on the battlefield.
For more of an overview of the game take a look here.
Some abilities will be inherent meaning you will always have them unlocked on the character. Whilst others will need to be purchased during the course of a match.
Here we will go over each of the confirmed Valorant characters to help you know who you want to play as when you jump in.
Breach specialises in disorienting and causing disruption to his foes with attacks that can ignore walls.
- Signature: Fault Line – Fire a concussive quake in a straight line ahead of Breach – hold fire for more distance, that will disorient enemy aim and can travel through walls.
- Ultimate: Rolling Thunder – Fire a powerful seismic charge that travels through walls, dazes opponents, and knocks enemies upward.
- Flashpoint – Equip a flash charge and fire into a wall that will flash enemies on the opposite side.
- Aftershock – Fire an explosive charge that breaches walls and will damage enemies standing near it.
Brimstone features orbital arsenal that ensures his squad always has an advantage.
- Signature: Sky Smoke – Equip a tactical map which you can then use to call in smoke clouds to land in chosen locations that will block line of sight in the selected areas.
- Ultimate: Orbital Strike – Making use of your tactical map again, brimstone can call in a high damage air strike dealing damage over time in the selected area.
- Incendiary– Equip and incendiary grenade launcher. Once fired it will create a lingering pool of fire on the floor damaging anyone caught in it.
- Stim Beacon- Grant’s rapid-fire ability once thrown to team-mates standing in the field of effect.
Cypher relies on surveillance of the battlefield and keeping an eye on enemy movements. He’s the perfect character for luring you foes in to deadly traps.
- Signature: Spycam – Fire a spycam at a targeted location. You can then take control of the camera and shoot a marking dart that reveals enemy locations when hit.
- Ultimate: Neural Theft – Use this on any dead enemy player to instantly reveal the location of all remaining players on the enemy team.
- Trapwire– Place a covert tripwire that, when enemy players walk in to will become tethered, revealed and dazed for a short period of time.
- Cyber Cage– Create an area that blocks vision and slows enemies who pass through it.
Jett is an agile and evasive character. Utilising high mobility moves to get the upper hand in a fight.
- Signature: Tailwind– Instantly propel Jett in the direction she is moving.
- Ultimate: Blade Storm – Equip deadly throwing knives that kill on headshots. Scoring a kill restores knives.
- Cloudburst– Throw a fog cloud that blocks vision. Hold fire to curve the ability in the direction of your crosshair.
- Updraft– Instantly propel Jett into the air.
Omen can make use of the shadows, render enemies blind, and teleport across the map.
- Signature: Darkcover– Fire a shadow orb at a target location creating a long-lasting sphere of shadows that blocks vision.
- Ultimate: From the Shadows – Teleport to a selected area on the map.
- Paranoia– Fire a shadow projectile that reduces the range of vision for enemy players that it touches.
- Shrouded Step– Teleport a short distance.
Rising from the ashes, Phoenix has the ability to cheat death and set fights ablaze.
- Signature: Curveball– Equip and throw a flare orb that can take a curving path around corners before detonating. Any players caught in the blast will be blinded temporarily.
- Ultimate: Run it back – Place a marker at your current location then whilst the ability is active if you die you will be brought back to the marker’s location.
- Hot Hands– Create a wall of fire the blocks vision and deals damage to those caught in it.
- Blaze– Throw a fireball that once exploded creates a pool of lingering fire that damages enemies.
Raze relies on explosives to disrupt the enemies flow.
- Signature: Showstopper– Gives you access to a rocket launcher.
- Ultimate: Blast Pack – Instantly throw a blast pack that sticks to surfaces. Remote detonate to cause damage to enemies.
- Cluster Grenade– Throw a grenade that splits into smaller grenades doing damage to anyone in range.
- Boom Bot- Deploy a bot that will travel in a straight line bouncing off walls. The bot locks on to enemies and explodes when reaching them.
Sage provides safety and healing for herself and her allies.
- Signature: Healing Orb– Fire an orb of healing at your allies to heal them over time. Alternatively use it on yourself to heal.
- Ultimate: Resurrection – Target a dead teammate to bring them back to life.
- Slow Orb– Fire an orb that when detonated creates a lingering field that slows players caught inside.
- Barrier Orb– Place a solid wall barrier.
Sova tracks down and eliminates enemies with ruthless precision.
- Signature: Recon Bolt– Fire a bolt that activates on collision and reveals the location of nearby enemies.
- Ultimate: Hunter’s Fury– Equip your bow with three long-range wall piercing energy blasts. Enemies caught in the blast will be dealt damage and have their location revealed.
- Shock Bolt– Fire an explosive bolt that detonates on impact damaging nearby players.
- Owl Drone– Deploy a controllable drone. Whilst in control, fire a dart that reveals enemies who are struck by it.
Viper makes use of poisonous devices to control the battlefield.
- Signature: Toxic Screen– Deploy a line of gas emitters that create a wall of toxic fumes.
- Ultimate: Viper’s Pit– Fire a chemical cloud in all directions around Viper creating a cloud that reduces enemy vision’s range and maximum health.
- Poison Cloud– Fire a cloud of toxic gas that remains throughout the round.
- Snake Bite– Fire a canister that shatters upon impact creating a chemical zone that damages and slows enemies.
There you have it, a cast of interesting looking Valorant characters all ready to use. Which Valorant character are you looking forward to trying out?