Regardless of whether you’ve played it or not, we all know what Dungeons & Dragons is. Well, now the series is back with Sword Coast Legends which will be releasing later this year on PC.
Being developed in collaboration by n-space and Digital Extremes, Sword Coast Legends will allow up to four players to take part in adventures controlled in real-time by a human Dungeon Master.
Here’s a quick run down on what the game will be about.
Set in the lush and vibrant world of the Forgotten Realms, Sword Coast Legends offers an all-new way to enjoy the time-tested magic of playing Dungeons & Dragons as a shared storytelling experience. With a deep narrative developed by a team of long-time industry veterans and a partnership with Wizards of the Coast, the single player campaign of Sword Coast Legends brings the world of Faerûn home like never before.
Sword Coast Legends also brings the roleplaying dynamic between players and Dungeon Masters to life with DM Mode, a first-of-its-kind real-time experience in which Dungeon Masters guide players through unique customizable adventures. In DM Mode, the Dungeon Master engages players and empowers them to have fun in a way that suits the party best while creating a tailored, non-adversarial 4 with 1 experience that any RPG or pen-and-paper fan will enjoy.
Game features will include:-
– Single player campaign created by members of the leadership team that brought you Dragon Age™: Origins
– Choose from five playable races and six unique character classes to build your own stalwart adventurer
– A return to form, Sword Coast Legends is the compelling and complex RPG you’ve been waiting for and features pause time, party-based tactical combat and involving storylines
– Dungeon Master Mode: Create your own epic adventure to share with your friends, or enhance their experience in real time as they traverse your dungeon
– Set in the Dungeons & Dragons Forgotten Realms universe based on the fifth edition ruleset and populated with Dungeons & Dragons lore and legend
Check out the teaser trailer below.
Now get your eyeballs around these gorgeous looking screenshots.
You can check out loads more over on the website here.
I love these kind of top down style RPG games like Baldur’s Gate et al, and I’d love to see a new one come along, so I’m actually pretty excited about how this one will turn out, and will definitely be keeping a close eye on its development.
The game is available now for pre-order with three different ‘solo’ options to choose from and two different ‘campaign’ options.
– Digital Pre-order pack $34.99 – Includes a copy of Sword Coast Legends via Steam
– Digital Deluxe Edition Pre-order Pack $59.99 – This includes a copy of Sword Coast Legends via Steam, Tome of Knowledge, Order of the Burning Dawn Cloak, Armor and Weapons, Beholder (DM use), Lost Mines dungeon tile set (DM use), Wisps (DM use cursors), Hero Forum Badge, Game Soundtrack (Digital)
– Limited Edition Collector’s Pre-order pack $239.99 – Includes everything in the Digital Deluxe Edition Pre-order Pack. PLUS DM Forum Badge w/ Upgrade, Belaphoss Forum Badge, Headstart Access, Design Council Access, Cloth Map of the Sword Coast, Statue of Belaphoss (Pose will be determined by the community)
– Digital Deluxe Edition Campaign Pre-order pack $149.99 Includes 5 copies of Sword Coast Legends via Steam, Tome of Knowledge, Order of the Burning Dawn Cloak, Armor and Weapons, Beholder (DM use), Lost Mines dungeon tile set (DM use), Wisps (DM use cursors), Hero Forum Badge, DM Forum Badge, Game Soundtrack (Digital)
– Limited Edition Collector’s Campaign Pre-order pack $349.99 Includes everything in the Digital Deluxe Edition Campaign Pre-order Pack. PLUS DM Forum Badge w/ Upgrade, Belaphoss Forum Badge, Headstart Access, Design Council Access, Cloth Map of the Sword Coast, Statue of Belaphoss (Pose will be determined by the community)