It seems WW2 games are having a bit of a reassurance at the moment and I’m very happy about that!
Developed by Maxim Games Klotzen! Panzer Battles the turned based tank strategy game is the latest to take you back to WW2. Coming this summer Klotzen! Panzer Battles will test the battle-hardened skills of strategy fans as they look to take on a wide variety of historic military scenarios from World War 2.
Armed with over 600 unit types divided into 22 unit classes, including infantry, tanks and tank hunters, fighter planes, bombers, submarines, battleships and more. Klotzen! Panzer Battles gives players the opportunity to rewrite history, by conducting military campaigns, that play out in entirely new ways and change historical timelines and outcomes, such as the allied invasion of Normandy in 1943, or executing successful assaults on London or Moscow.
In Klotzen! Panzer Battles players can bring their full military contingent of land, sea and air assets to bear as they conduct campaigns in over:-
- 60 different historical scenarios based on real-life military campaigns from WW2.
- Maps ranging from 200 km to over 1000 km in size,
- Battle on terrain from the snow-covered Eastern front to the scorching, unforgiving desert of North Africa,
- A hex based system where each hex represents 20 km to allow keen strategy players to test their combat prowess and tactical cunning in a quest for outright victory.
- With 80 commander skills to choose from to customize their units, players are challenged in campaign mode, which utilizes the forces of one specific nation from scenario to scenario, or a standalone mode where players can choose either Axis or Allied units to command.
The game will be making it’s way to Steam later this year.